Meus Bank, a Division of Solvay Bank
ONLINE BANKING, E-SIGNATURE, AND ELECTRONIC DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions for use of Meus Bank online banking services for accessing your Meus Bank accounts, banking, and electronic statement and disclosure delivery.
1. Definitions: In this Agreement, "we", "us", "our" and "Bank" mean Meus Bank. "You", "your", "yours" means each person that is authorized to use the Meus Bank online banking service for accessing account information or other services offered with our product. A "Business day" means Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. Any reference to time shall be to Eastern Standard Time.
2. Services: Meus Bank online banking allows you to access any of your Meus Bank deposit accounts which you own (individually or jointly), make inquiries, transfer funds between Meus Bank accounts, place stop payments, and open new deposit accounts. Links to other sites include, savings bond purchases and savings bond redemption value information.
3. Hours For Accessibility: Meus Bank Online Banking is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a weeks for your convenience. All transfers made online after 5:00 p.m. on the day of transfer will be posted to your account the following business day. (Certain circumstances may apply.) In the event of an anticipated system repair or maintenance to our system, our system may be temporarily down. We will, however, notify you in advance if this should occur.
4. Eligible Accounts: To use Meus Bank Online Banking, you must have at least one personal account with Meus Bank. Other accounts such as other deposit accounts, and savings accounts, will all be linked to your portfolio.
5. Your Computer: To enable the use of Meus Bank Online Banking, you must have a computer, modem and access to the Internet and web browser software that provides encryption using a 128-bit key. It is your responsibility to maintain and upgrade your computer equipment for your use of Meus Bank Online Banking. Meus Bank is not responsible for equipment failure or malfunction on your computer, any computer virus that may affect your computer or other problems that may occur, directly or indirectly, from your use of Meus Bank Online Banking.
7. Receiving Transactions and Disclosures Electronically: By enrolling you are agreeing to receive documents electronically including disclosures and notices we may need to provide you, including but not limited to, Consumer Deposit Account Agreements, Truth-in-Savings Disclosures, Schedule of Fees, Funds Availability Disclosures, Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosures, Electronic Funds Error Resolution Notices, Initial and Annual Privacy Notices, Check 21 Notices, Change-in-Terms Notices, Maturity Notices, E-Statements, Time Deposit Disclosures, Time Deposit Maturity Notices, Time Deposit Renewal Notices and Change in Terms Notices. Consent to receive transactions, Bank disclosures and notices electronically apply to all records during the lifetime of your account although not all communications may be available in electronic form. A valid email address must be provided in order to receive documents electronically. You are responsible for keeping your email address updated. Any messages containing personal or confidential account information will be sent to the email address you provide. You may request a paper copy of any document sent to you electronically. You may request a copy by contacting Customer Service at P.O.Box 19050, Syracuse, NY 13209. Fees may be assessed for paper copies of transactions in accordance with our Fee Schedule. Transactions involving your deposit accounts, including checking account stop payment requests, will be subject to the terms of your account agreement.
8. Fees: The following fee schedule states the fees that are imposed for the use of Meus Bank Online Banking services. For any fees imposed, you authorize us to charge the account you designated in your enrollment form.
- Meus Online Banking Access – FREE
- Check Stop Payment Request – $35.00 each
- Paper Copy of Statement – $2.00
9. Stop Payment: Our Stop Payment option allows you to place a Stop Payment order on a check or transfer using Meus Bank Online Banking to send us the necessary instructions. You may also write to us addressed to Meus Bank, P.O. Box 19050, Syracuse, New York 13209, or contact us at 1(866) 650-Meus or 1(866) 650-6387. If you call, we will require you to follow up with a written confirmation to us.
- Paper Check: To request a stop payment on a check, you must provide us with the exact amount of the check, the date of the check, the number of the check, your checking account number and the name of the payee on the check. We will exercise good faith in the observation of your request to stop payment on a check.
10. Our Liability: If we fail to complete a transfer to or from your account, for the correct amount and on the date requested according to our agreement with you, Meus Bank will be liable for late fees or finance charges incurred from our failure to complete the transaction as instructed by you. Meus Bank will not be liable in the following instances:
- You did not have sufficient money in the account to make the transfer.
- Your account was closed.
- If a legal order prohibits any withdrawals from the account.
- We did not receive any instructions you sent us.
- Any malfunction in your computer or related equipment.
- We believe that the transfer instruction was not initiated and instructed by you or is fraudulent.
- Circumstances beyond our control such as a fire, flood, telecommunications interruption or computer failure that prevents the transfer or payment from being processed despite reasonable precautions taken by the Bank.
Meus Bank will not be liable for any amounts in excess of the funds transfer request plus late fees or finance charges.
11. Notice of Loss: If you believe that your password to access Meus Bank Online Banking has been lost or stolen, you must contact us immediately at 1(866) 650-Meus or 1(866) 350-6387 and ask for the Customer Service support desk during regular Business Hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or write to us at Meus Bank, P.O Box 19050 Syracuse, New York 13209. We do not recommend that you notify us by e-mail.
12. Liability for Unauthorized Use: CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY if you believe that your user password or ID have been lost or stolen, used without your permission or authorization. By contacting us immediately you will reduce any risk of loss of your funds. If you tell us within two (2) business days after learning of the loss, you will lose no more than $50.00. Subject to limitations under federal law, you may have to forfeit up to $500 if within two (2) days of the possible unauthorized transaction, we can prove that we could have stopped the possible unauthorized transaction if you would have notified us promptly.
If your statement reflects a transaction that you did not authorize, you must contact us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you. Subject to limitations of federal law, you will have to bear a loss if you do not notify us of any possible unauthorized transaction. We will extend this period under certain circumstances such as a hospital stay.
13. Funds Transfer and Payment Limitations: Through Meus Bank Online Banking, you will have access and authorization to transfer funds between certain Meus Bank accounts. You agree to be bound as to any restriction by the funds transfer function as disclosed in your initial disclosure agreement that you received upon opening your particular deposit account. For example, Savings Accounts are allowed no more than six (6) transfers or withdrawals or combination of such transfers and withdrawals per statement period.
Any transfer made by you between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m will be made immediately. Any transfer made after 5:00 p.m. will be reflected on the following business day. Any transfer of funds from any of your Meus Bank deposit accounts is subject to the availability of funds in the account when the transfer is to be made.
14. Deposit Statements: You can view transactions and obtain balances on all of your Meus Bank deposit accounts with your access to Meus Bank Online Banking. In addition to this service, all transactions made on Meus Bank Online Banking during the statement cycle, either credited or debited from any of your Meus Bank Deposit Accounts will be reflected on your periodic electronic statement emailed, to the most current e-mail address that we have on file.
15. Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery:
(a) Enrollment: Either during your enrollment or after you have enrolled in Meus Bank Online Banking, you may enroll in Meus Bank E-statement Delivery. When you do so, you will be confirming that: (i) You have Equipment and Software necessary to allow you to receive electronically, view and print periodic statements for Eligible Accounts and communications normally provided with periodic statements for Eligible Accounts, including, but not limited to, change of terms notices, annual privacy notices and other notices required by applicable law or any agreement between you and us (each a "Legal Communication"); (ii) You have a valid e-mail address at which to receive any notice that a periodic statement for an Eligible Account or a Legal Communication is available to you at our website; or via secure PDF file and (iii) You agree to receive electronically, and we no longer need to send you a paper copy of, any periodic statement for an Eligible Account or any Legal Communication.
(b) E-mail Notice. Once Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery takes effect for Eligible Accounts, whenever any periodic statement for an Eligible Account or any Legal Communication is made available to you at our website, we will send to the most recent e-mail address you have provided to us for use with Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery a notice that the periodic statement or Legal Communication is available to you at our website. The periodic statement or Legal Communication will be available to you at the website for 12 months. Except when applicable law requires otherwise, this notice will be the only notice we send to you about the availability of the periodic statement of Legal Communication at the website. You acknowledge that the notice will constitute delivery of the periodic statement or Legal Communication, whether or not you view or print such statement or Legal Communication. If the notice is returned to us as undeliverable, we will send you a letter advising that your statement has been converted back to paper delivery, and that we were unable to deliver your e-mail notice. We will ask you to provide us with a new e-mail address for use with Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery. You cannot request information, services or paper copies of periodic statements, Legal Communications or any other items or terminate enrollment in Meus Bank E-Statement Delivery by responding to the notice by e-mail (including using the reply function), and we will not be responsible for responding to any such request you make by responding to the notice by e-mail.
(c) Acknowledgement of Risk. You acknowledge that there are risks associated with sending a notice to an e-mail address, including, but no limited to, disruption of service and, because e-mail is not private or secure, unauthorized access to the notice and information it contains.
(d) E-mail Address. It is your responsibility to notify us of any change in the e-mail address to be used by you with Meus Bank E-statement Delivery.
(e) Paper Copies. For as long as we are required by applicable law to keep a copy of any periodic statement for an Eligible Account or any Legal Communication, you may request a paper copy of the periodic statement or Legal Communication by contacting us at 1(866) 650-6387. You must pay us any applicable charge for the paper copy. Your request for the paper copy will not constitute a request to cancel Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery or discontinue receipt of electronic statements. Even if we discontinue sending them at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, because we believe that you are not receiving notices that a periodic statement for an Eligible Account or a Legal Communication is available to you at our website or because we believe that a change in Equipment or Software required for Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery creates a risk that you may not be able to receive electronically, view and print periodic statements for Eligible Accounts and Legal Communications.
(f) Termination of Enrollment. We may terminate your enrollment in Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery by notifying you. The termination will take effect when we specify. You may terminate your enrollment in Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery by notifying us. The termination will not take effect until we have had a reasonable time to act on your notice, which can be as long as 60 days. Any termination of your enrollment in Solvay Bank Electronic Statement Delivery (i) may be effective for all Eligible Accounts, or for select accounts; and (ii) will not affect the validity or legal effect of any periodic statement for an Eligible Account or any Legal Communication provided to you at our website prior to the effective date of such termination.
(g) Joint Account. If any Eligible Account is a joint account, any holder of that Eligible Account may enroll in or terminate enrollment in Meus Bank Electronic Statement Delivery. All joint account holders of any Eligible Account will be bound by the enrollment or termination of enrollment.
(h) Combine Statements. All accounts that are part of a combined statement mailing must be delivered in the same fashion, Requesting that a single account within a combined statement is changed to another delivery format will result in all accounts within that statement being sent in the same format. If accounts that are part of a combined statement mailing are not entirely or partially owned by the person enrolling in Electronic Statements, we will not discontinue delivery of paper statements, but we will provide all of the online features that are characteristic of an electronic statement.
16. Privacy: At Meus Bank we recognize and respect the privacy expectations of our customers. Ensuring the privacy of customer information is a matter that Meus Bank takes very seriously and attends to in our everyday function so that our customers can rest assured that their accounts are handled in a confidential and protective manner.
17. E-Mail: To safeguard yourself, Meus Bank recommends that you do not use e-mail for certain significant information such as reporting a lost or stolen password, stop payments or reporting a lost or stolen debit card.
18. Cancellation of Online Services By You: If you decide to cancel the Meus Bank Online Banking Service, electronic delivery of statements and or disclosures you:
- Must notify us in writing addressed to Meus Bank, P.O. Box 19050 Syracuse, New York 13209.
- May call us at 1-(866) 650-Meus or 1(866) 650-6387 and forward a written confirmation within 10 business days to the address listed above.
Any cancellation will not take effect until we receive the written notice and we have a reasonable time to act on it. If Meus Bank Online Banking is offered to two individuals, then we must receive a cancellation notice from both parties.
Upon our receipt of your request for cancellation of Meus Bank Online Banking, no further online transactions will be allowed. Your personal deposit account(s) will remain opened unless otherwise directed by you.
19. Cancellation of Online Services By Meus Bank: Meus Bank, at any time, can cancel or suspend your Meus Bank Online Banking without giving you notice that we are going to do so, if we suspect fraudulent activity.
20. Recording: You agree that we can record any e-mail communication sent through Meus Bank Online Banking.
21. Change of Address: Any notices concerning your Meus Bank Online Banking, or other electronic services will be mailed or e-mailed to the address you provided us with on your enrollment form. If you have changes in your mailing or e-mail address, you must notify us promptly.
22. Assignment: Under the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you can not assign any of your rights or obligations to any other person(s).
23. Notices: Any notices sent to you regarding this Agreement will be sent to the e-mail address or the mailing address that you provided us with at time of your enrollment in Meus Bank Online Banking. Any changes to your e-mail address or mailing address should be made promptly to us.
24. Changes in Terms of Agreement: At any time we may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement, scheduled fees or any of our services. We will provide notification to you of any changes, as required under applicable law, by mail or e-mail. Upon the effective date of change, you will be bound by the new changes, terms or rules for use of Meus Bank Online Banking, or Electronic Statement and Disclosure Delivery.
25. Waiver: Under this Agreement, we may render or delay exercising our rights without notifying you. Any waiver will not affect any other rights we may have and will not be deemed for a waiver of such rights in the future.
26. Agreement Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions of this Agreement are in addition to any other agreements you may have with us.
27. Errors or Questions: (Regulation E Notice) In the event of any errors or questions regarding your electronic transfers or if you believe that your statement is incorrect and we hear from you within 60 days after we sent the first statement on which the problem or error appears you must:
- Write us at Meus Bank P.O. Box 19050 Syracuse, New York 13209 or
- Telephone us during regular banking hours at (866) 650-Meus or (866) 650-6387 and;
- Provide us with your name and account number
- Explain in detail the error or possible unauthorized transaction in question
- Give us the exact dollar amount in question
If you contact us by telephone, we will require that you send the error or complaint in question in writing within ten (10) days from the date you orally notified us. Upon completion, we will promptly investigate and determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days of receiving a notice of such error. If the notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer to or from an account within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made, the Bank may take up to 20 days to investigate. We will report the results of the investigation to you by letter within three business days after completing the investigation and will correct the error within one business day after determining that an error occurred.
If the Bank is unable to complete the investigation within 10 business days, it may take up to 45 days from receipt of a notice of error to investigate and determine whether an error occurred. For Point of Sale Debit Card Transactions(POS), transfers that were initiated out of state and on new accounts where the notice of error occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account, the applicable time is 90 days for completing the investigation. We will provide a provisional credit to your account within 10 business days of receiving the error notice, 20 days for accounts where a notice of error occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made. You will be informed by letter within 2 business days after the provisional crediting, during the investigation, of the amount and date of the provisional crediting. You will also be advised that you will have full use of the funds during the investigation. Upon completion of the investigation, the Bank will notify you, by letter, of its findings.
In the event that the investigation proves the complaint invalid, you will be notified, by letter, of the results of the investigation within 3 days of the completion of the investigation. If provisional credit was applied, we will debit the account within one day and notify you of the date and amount of the debiting. The Bank will also notify you that the Bank will honor checks, drafts or similar instruments payable to third parties and preauthorized transfers from your account without an overdraft charge to you for five business days after the notification. The Bank will honor items as specified in the notice, but need honor only items that it would have paid if the provisionally credited funds had not been debited.
28. Applicable Laws: This Agreement is governed by the laws of New York State and Federal Law.
29. Disclaimer: In no event, except as required by law, shall Meus Bank be liable to you for any special, consequential, incidental, direct or indirect damages (including loss of profits or data or personal injury), whether or not we have been notified of the possibility of such loss. Except to the extent of governing law, in no event shall Meus Bank be liable for any claim against you by a third party and by accepting this Agreement, you agree to indemnify and hold Meus Bank harmless for any claims for costs or expenses, damages, or liability arising out of or in connection with the performance and use of Meus Bank Online Banking.
30. Your Communication with Meus Bank: If you should have any questions regarding this Agreement or any of our services, please contact us in any one of the following ways:
- Click here to use our online message form.
- Contact us by phone at 1(866)650-Meus or 1(866) 650-6387 between 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. on any business day.
- You can write us at P.O. Box 19050 Syracuse, New York 13209.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, YOU SHOULD NOT USE E-MAIL TO STOP PAYMENTS, CANCEL PAYMENTS, OR ALERT US TO UNAUTHORIZED USE OF LOST OR STOLEN ACCESS CODES.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY ACCOUNT NUMBERS OR ACCESS CODES IN E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE.
31. Acceptance of this Agreement: By accepting this Agreement it confirms your acceptance to the terms and conditions for your use of Meus Bank Online Banking.
32. Meus Bank is a division of Solvay Bank; Meus Bank and Solvay Bank are the same FDIC insured institution. Beginning January 1, 2013, all of a depositor's accounts at an insured depository institution, including all noninterest-bearing transaction accounts, will be insured by the FDIC up to the standard maximum deposit insurance amount ($250,000), for each deposit insurance ownership category.
You understand and agree that your electronic signature executed in conjunction with the electronic submission of your application shall be legally binding and such transaction shall be considered authorized by you.